Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
500g pumpkin or sweet potato, peeled and sliced
2 bunches English spinach or young silverbeet, washed and sliced
500g reduced-fat ricotta
6 spring onions, sliced
½ cup parsley, chopped
12 sheets instant lasagne, softened in hot water
425g jar tomato pasta sauce
2 tbsp plain flour
2 cups low-fat milk
Pepper and ground nutmeg to taste
¼ cup Parmesan or Romano cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Steam the pumpkin for 3 minutes, then cool.
- Plunge spinach into boiling water until wilted then drain well to remove excess liquid.
- In a large bowl, combine drained spinach, ricotta, onion and parsley.
- Arrange 3 sheets of lasagne on the base of an ovenproof pan (33cm x 23cm).
- Top with 1/3 each of pumpkin, tomato sauce and spinach-ricotta mixture. Repeat twice and top with remaining lasagne sheets.
- To make topping, break eggs into flour and mix well to remove lumps.
- Whisk in milk, pour into a saucepan and bring to the boil, whisking until smooth and thickened.
- Add pepper, pour over top of lasagne and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Image + recipe source: Go for 2&5® and Horticulture Australia.
Back to top
|You may also like...|
|RECIPE: Barbequed Mushrooms with Eggplant + Basil||RECIPE: Toasted Seed + Nut Mix||RECIPE: Mushroom + Fish Laksa|
|Home Recipe Index Recipe Categories Search|
Look around Flourish
- Health + Wellbeing
- Nourish: Food, Wine + Entertaining
- Inspiration + Motivation
- Parenting, Babies, Children + Family
- Shopping + New Products
- What's On
- Career, Finance, Money + Business
- Competitions + Giveaways
- Flourishing Women
- Home + Garden
- Fitness + Exercise
- Holidays + Travel
- Fiction + Poetry
- Bridal + Weddings
- Flourish Men
- Craft + Puzzles
- Food for Thought
- Thermomix: Luigi's 40 Second Biscuits
- Thermomix: Rich Chocolate Cake
- Eggless Chocolate Cake
- Marmalade or Jam Bread
- Vegie Lasagne
- Teriyaki Pork Stirfry
- Hearty Thai Pumpkin Soup
- Salmon with potatoes & a basil, parmesan crust
- Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Thermomix: Chocolate Mousse Tart
- Poached Chicken with Crushed Potatoes
- French Toast with Smoked Salmon and Lemon, Dill Crème Fraiche
- Zucchini, Bacon and Borlotti Bean Soup
- Khmer Beef Curry
- Smoked Salmon Paté
- Cauliflower Pizza
- Spaghetti with Olives, Lemon and Capers
- Carrot + Coriander Dip
- Spinach + Seafood Pasties
- Chocolate + Yoghurt Pots
- Organic Gardening - The Health Benefits & more
- Kendenup Lodge - An Escape for the Senses
- Shape Shifting - Menopause and Weight Gain
- Feeding Fussy Toddlers - Tips and Recipes
- Review: X-Men: Days of Futures Past
- The Perfect Brow
- Trees, Truffles and Tranquility
- 4 Simple Ways to Positive Thinking
- Movie Review: The Fault in our Stars
- The Youtube Revolution: From Content Creator to Viewer.
- Movie Review: Fading Gigolo
- Beauty Review: Dermalogica Active Moist
- The Strawberry Social
- Movie Review: Non-Stop
- New Year, New Goals - goal setting guide for 2014
- Right-size Your Christmas
- Christmas Cheer?
- Inspiration for Summer
- Flourish Information Desk - Tummy Tuck
- Money Basics for Teenagers
- Book Review: Theo & Co: The Search for the Perfect Pizza
- Beauty Review: Mask in a Cup
- Flourishing Woman: Cath Sutherland
- Flourishing Women: Jodi Bibra
- Movie Review: Just Go With It
- Away from Home - Life as a Boarder at High School
- Movie Review: Scream 4
- Book Review: The Fry Chronicles
- How to Run a Successful Sales Meeting
- Book Review: Room, by Emma Donoghue
- Flourishing Woman: Julie Sweet
- Fun Ways to Exercise: Pilates
- Movie Review: Fading Gigolo
- Poem: Vintage Ties, by Catherine Jennings
- Book Review: Destiny, by Louise Bagshawe.
- Movie Review: My Afternoons With Margueritte (M)
- Book Review: The Lady of the Cup
- Flourishing Women: April Jorgensen