Fish + Potato Pie
Fish and Potato Pie
1kg potatoes, peeled
500g fish of choice, local and sustainable
1 onion, chopped
1 leek, sliced 1cm thick rounds
1 bay leaf
75g plain flour
2 tbsp flat leaf parsley, chopped
1 egg, beaten with 1 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Cook the potatoes in boiling, salted water until tender.
- Drain then mash with 30g butter and season to taste.
- Place the fish, onion, leek, milk and bay leaf in a saucepan and simmer gently over a medium-low heat for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Drain through a sieve reserving the milk. Discard the bay leaf. Flake the fish into large pieces and combine with the onion and leek.
- Heat the remaining butter over a low heat. Add the flour and stir for one minute, then gradually whisk in the reserved milk (from the drained fish). Bring to a simmer and cook over a low heat for 10 minutes or until the mixture boils and thickens.
- Remove from the heat, then add fish, parsley, nutmeg and season to taste.
- Place the fish mixture into a large ovenproof dish. Evenly cover the mixture with the mashed potato and brush with the egg and milk mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
Look around Flourish
- Nourish: Food, Wine + Entertaining
- Health + Wellbeing
- Competitions + Giveaways
- What's On
- Shopping + New Products
- Inspiration + Motivation
- Fitness + Exercise
- Home + Garden
- Flourishing Women
- Bridal + Weddings
- Holidays + Travel
- Fiction + Poetry
- Flourish Men
- Craft + Puzzles
- Career, Finance, Money + Business
- Parenting, Babies, Children + Family
- Thermomix 5 Minute Bliss Balls
- Paleo Chocolate Slice
- Kids' Special Hamburgers
- Roast Pumpkin Loaf
- Roasted Tomato + Lentil Soup
- Coconut Flour Pancakes
- Blueberry Cake
- Warm Bean + Tuna Salad
- Mushroom + Fish Laksa
- Bacon Wrapped Mushrooms + Chicken Patties
- Pork + Peanut Tapioca Dumplings
- Spaghetti Sauce + Meatballs
- Turkey Meatballs with Rosti + Tomato Chilli Sauce
- No Bake Nut + Honey Slice
- Chocolate + Yoghurt Pots
- Roasted Red Peppers stuffed with Goats' Curd
- Banana Smoothie
- No Bake Bliss Balls
- Italian Baked Fish
- Chickpea + Ricotta Salad
- Thermomix: Luigi's 40 Second Biscuits
- Marmalade or Jam Bread
- Thermomix: Rich Chocolate Cake
- Eggless Chocolate Cake
- Vegie Lasagne
- Hearty Thai Pumpkin Soup
- Salmon with potatoes & a basil, parmesan crust
- Teriyaki Pork Stirfry
- Zucchini, Bacon and Borlotti Bean Soup
- Cauliflower Pizza
- Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Thermomix: Chocolate Mousse Tart
- Spaghetti with Olives, Lemon and Capers
- Carrot + Coriander Dip
- Mushroom kushiyaki with Pork & chilli-garlic Sauce
- Poached Chicken with Crushed Potatoes
- Barbequed Lamb + Bean Salad
- Khmer Beef Curry
- Fast Fish Medley
- Silverbeet Flan
- The Flourish Woman...
- Recipe Index
- Recipe Categories
- Flourish Social