Grilled Kangaroo on Beetroot Mash with Artichokes, Salad + Plum Sauce
Kangaroo on beetroot mash with artichokes, salad & plum sauce
by Matt Clark
This is a great dish using the products that our wonderful country has supplied us. The strength of the kangaroo is balanced out perfectly by the sweetness of the beetroot mash, the tartness of the Illawarra plum sauce and the freshness of the beetroot leaves. The kangaroo should not be cooked past medium-rare as it will dry out and toughen up if cooked for too long. Ideally we should be eating it rare.
800g kangaroo loin
2 handfulls of Swiss chard (beetroot leaves)
600g peeled potatoes
200g peeled beetroot
6 artichoke hearts
70ml balsamic vinegar
70ml red wine
1/2 cup brown sugar
pinch of salt
- Boil the potatoes and beetroot separately until they show no resistance when poked with a knife.
- Mash together, season with salt and pepper and some butter.
- Grill the artichokes and the kangaroo for 3 minutes on each side until medium-rare.
- To make the sauce, cook the plums in a saucepan with the vinegar and red wine until the liquid has reduced to 1/4 of its original volume.
- Add the sugar and cook slowly for a further 10 minutes. You may need to add a couple of tablespoons of water if the sauce is looking too dry. Season with the salt.
- To serve, place the mash in the middle of the plate. Surround the mash with 3 artichoke halves and top with the leaves.
- Place the kangaroo on top and drizzle with the Illawarra Plum sauce. Enjoy!
Recipe and information source Matt Clark.
|You may like...|
|Smoked Salmon Pizza||Zucchini, Bacon and Borlotti Bean Soup||Beef + Oat Burgers||Hokkein Noodle, Mushroom and Cashew Salad
- Paleo Banana Bread
- Beef in Red Wine Stew
- Osso Bucco
- Chicken, Proscuitto + Leek Casserole
- Mushroom + Cashew Stirfry
- Spiced Mushrooms
- Chicken Burgers
- Oxtail Terrine
- Banana Bread
- Apricot Strudel
- Banana Oat Cookies
- Red Grapefruit Chicken Salad
- Thermomix 5 Minute Bliss Balls with Crio Bru or Cacao
- Paleo Chocolate Slice
- Kids' Special Hamburgers
- Roast Pumpkin Loaf
- Roasted Tomato + Lentil Soup
- Coconut Flour Pancakes
- Blueberry Cake
- Thermomix: Luigi's 40 Second Biscuits
- Thermomix: Rich Chocolate Cake
- Eggless Chocolate Cake
- Marmalade or Jam Bread
- Vegie Lasagne
- Teriyaki Pork Stirfry
- Hearty Thai Pumpkin Soup
- Salmon with potatoes & a basil, parmesan crust
- Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Thermomix: Chocolate Mousse Tart
- Poached Chicken with Crushed Potatoes
- Zucchini, Bacon and Borlotti Bean Soup
- French Toast with Smoked Salmon and Lemon, Dill Crème Fraiche
- Cauliflower Pizza
- Spaghetti with Olives, Lemon and Capers
- Mushroom kushiyaki with Pork & chilli-garlic Sauce
- Khmer Beef Curry
- Carrot + Coriander Dip
- Barbequed Lamb + Bean Salad
- Fast Fish Medley
- Ditching Debt
- The How-to of Reducing your Bust Size (but only if you want to)
- Beauty Review: Milky Foot
- Put some Passion in Your Life with...Passionfruit!
- Book Review: Friendship Bread
- Shape Shifting - Menopause and Weight Gain
- A Mother's Choice
- Cryptic Crossword Puzzle 1060
- Flourish in Your Life - Flourish YOU
- Movie Review: Here I Am
- Egg Allergies Explained
- Green Shopping
- Skin Deep
- Autumn Fashion for the Ex-Lamb (who doesn't like mutton)
- MAMMA MIA! Behind the Scenes Part 2
- Book Review: Jasper Jones, by Craig Silvey
- How to get the most out of the (outdoor) movies
- Movie Review: Black Swan
- Overcoming Fertility Problems
- 4 Simple Ways to Positive Thinking