Nectarine and Macadamia Sundae
Nectarine and Macadamia Sundae
1/3 cup raw macadamias
Vanilla ice cream, to serve
2 yellow nectarines, cut into wedges
2 white nectarines, cut into wedges
Ice cream topping, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200 C. Place the macadamias on an oven tray and cook for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven, cool and chop roughly.
- To assemble the sundae, place a few scoops of ice cream in four serving bowls.
- Top with nectarine wedges and a drizzle of ice cream topping. Sprinkle with chopped macadamias and serve immediately.
Note: Raspberry topping was used in this recipe, however the sundae works just as well with caramel or strawberry topping.
• Nectarines are in season from late November to March.
• The word ‘nectarine' means sweet as nectar, and this is very likely the obvious origin of the name.
• To select a perfect nectarine, look for a fragrant, firm and richly coloured fruit, with glossy smooth skin. At the stem end, make sure that the nectarine is either yellow (for yellow varieties) or white (for white varieties), and make sure you handle the fruit with care to avoid bruising.
• Nectarines are best ripened in a bowl at room temperature or if you are planning to eat them quickly, store in the fridge for up to three days. To ripen quickly, place in a paper bag with a banana.
• Nectarines are best eaten with the skin on as it is the skin that holds a lot of the goodness and flavour.
Recipe + information source Summerfruit Australia
|You may like...|
|Marmalade or Jam Bread||Macadamia Banana Pancakes||Thermomix: Chocolate Mousse Tart|
- Paleo Banana Bread
- Beef in Red Wine Stew
- Osso Bucco
- Chicken, Proscuitto + Leek Casserole
- Mushroom + Cashew Stirfry
- Spiced Mushrooms
- Chicken Burgers
- Oxtail Terrine
- Banana Bread
- Apricot Strudel
- Banana Oat Cookies
- Red Grapefruit Chicken Salad
- Thermomix 5 Minute Bliss Balls with Crio Bru or Cacao
- Paleo Chocolate Slice
- Kids' Special Hamburgers
- Roast Pumpkin Loaf
- Roasted Tomato + Lentil Soup
- Coconut Flour Pancakes
- Blueberry Cake
- Thermomix: Luigi's 40 Second Biscuits
- Thermomix: Rich Chocolate Cake
- Eggless Chocolate Cake
- Marmalade or Jam Bread
- Vegie Lasagne
- Teriyaki Pork Stirfry
- Hearty Thai Pumpkin Soup
- Salmon with potatoes & a basil, parmesan crust
- Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Thermomix: Chocolate Mousse Tart
- Poached Chicken with Crushed Potatoes
- Zucchini, Bacon and Borlotti Bean Soup
- French Toast with Smoked Salmon and Lemon, Dill Crème Fraiche
- Cauliflower Pizza
- Spaghetti with Olives, Lemon and Capers
- Mushroom kushiyaki with Pork & chilli-garlic Sauce
- Khmer Beef Curry
- Carrot + Coriander Dip
- Barbequed Lamb + Bean Salad
- Fast Fish Medley
- Ditching Debt
- The How-to of Reducing your Bust Size (but only if you want to)
- Beauty Review: Milky Foot
- Put some Passion in Your Life with...Passionfruit!
- Book Review: Friendship Bread
- Shape Shifting - Menopause and Weight Gain
- A Mother's Choice
- Cryptic Crossword Puzzle 1060
- Flourish in Your Life - Flourish YOU
- Movie Review: Here I Am
- Egg Allergies Explained
- Green Shopping
- Skin Deep
- Autumn Fashion for the Ex-Lamb (who doesn't like mutton)
- MAMMA MIA! Behind the Scenes Part 2
- Book Review: Jasper Jones, by Craig Silvey
- How to get the most out of the (outdoor) movies
- Movie Review: Black Swan
- Overcoming Fertility Problems
- 4 Simple Ways to Positive Thinking