Orange Meringue Tarts
ORANGE MERINGUE TARTS
This recipe has been kindly supplied by Flourish reader Kay Aram.
Makes: Approximately 24 or a single medium sized pie.
Sweet Short Pastry
200g plain flour
1 egg yolk
1 tablespoon caster sugar (optional)
100–125ml cold water (approx)
1 x 250g jar of Orange Butter (purchased or homemade)
2 egg whites
¼ cup caster sugar
- Prepare tart tray(s) by lightly greasing or spray with cooking spray.
- Make pastry by mixing butter into flour until mixture looks like breadcrumbs; add sugar, egg yolk and water to make short pastry. Add the water gradually as you may not need it all. Dough should not be too dry or too wet.
- Roll out on well floured surface, cut to tartlet sized shapes (I used my largest 7cm sized metal scone cutter), prick with a fork and place into trays.
- Option 1: Put bases in trays and bake empty for 10 min at 210C. They will rise in the centre, so just push the centre down gently while still hot and then cool before adding 1 teaspoon of Orange Butter to each.
- Option 2: Prick bases, place in trays and add 1 teaspoon of Orange Butter to each.
- Leave a gap at the top. Don't overfill the cases as you need to allow room for the meringue and also the Orange Butter may ooze out during cooking.
- To make the meringue, beat egg whites until soft peaks form and then add the caster sugar gradually until all dissolved and then beat until stiff and glossy.
- Spoon or pipe the meringue mixture gently over the Orange Butter.
- Baking option 1 for pre-cooked bases: Bake at 180oC for 15 min until meringue is a very pale brown.
- Baking Option 2 for uncooked bases: Bake at 180oC for 20 minutes to ensure the base is cooked.
|You may like...|
|Thermomix: Rich Chocolate Cake||Rasberry + Apple Cake||Vegie Lasagne||Vanilla Panna Cotta|
Look around Flourish
- Parenting, Babies, Children + Family
- Career, Finance, Money + Business
- Craft + Puzzles
- Flourish Men
- Fiction + Poetry
- Holidays + Travel
- Bridal + Weddings
- Flourishing Women
- Home + Garden
- Fitness + Exercise
- Inspiration + Motivation
- Shopping + New Products
- What's On
- Competitions + Giveaways
- Health + Wellbeing
- Nourish: Food, Wine + Entertaining
- Thermomix: Luigi's 40 Second Biscuits
- Thermomix: Rich Chocolate Cake
- Eggless Chocolate Cake
- Marmalade or Jam Bread
- Vegie Lasagne
- Hearty Thai Pumpkin Soup
- Salmon with potatoes & a basil, parmesan crust
- Teriyaki Pork Stirfry
- Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Thermomix: Chocolate Mousse Tart
- Zucchini, Bacon and Borlotti Bean Soup
- Cauliflower Pizza
- Poached Chicken with Crushed Potatoes
- Spaghetti with Olives, Lemon and Capers
- Mushroom kushiyaki with Pork & chilli-garlic Sauce
- Khmer Beef Curry
- Barbequed Lamb + Bean Salad
- Carrot + Coriander Dip
- Fast Fish Medley
- Silverbeet Flan
- Christmas Cheer?
- Inspiration for Summer
- Flourish Information Desk - Tummy Tuck
- Off the Beaten Track in Paris
- Green Shopping
- Balance: It's the new dream
- Workplace Bullying
- Go Organic
- Fly and Flourish with Pride
- Fashion: What's new in Cottesloe
- Building Rapport in a Sales Environment
- Reflecting on compassion
- Cookbook Review: The Australian Women's Weekly 'Food We Love'
- Knit a Lacy Cushion Cover
- Top tips for choosing the perfect bra
- The Sunshine Vitamin
- Winter Beauty Tips
- The D Word - Detox
- Know Your Nuts
- Movie Review: The Internship
- Ditching Debt
- Put some Passion in Your Life with...Passionfruit!
- The How-to of Reducing your Bust Size (but only if you want to)
- Beauty Review: Milky Foot
- Book Review: Friendship Bread
- A Mother's Choice
- Shape Shifting - Menopause and Weight Gain
- Green Shopping
- Skin Deep
- MAMMA MIA! Behind the Scenes Part 2
- How to get the most out of the (outdoor) movies
- Overcoming Fertility Problems
- 4 Simple Ways to Positive Thinking
- Flourish in Your Life - Flourish YOU
- Beauty Review: Shiseido Perfect Refining Foundation
- Book Review & Interview: Beneath the Shadows, by Sara Foster
- Book Review: Jasper Jones, by Craig Silvey
- The Lost Art of Doing Nothing
- Designs Alfresco
- The Perfect Brow