Plums in Champagne Jelly
Plums in Champagne Jelly
1/3 cup water
2 tbsp gelatine powder
2 tbsp caster sugar1 bottle champagne
4 plums, cut into wedges
- Place the water in a bowl and sprinkle over the gelatine. Set aside for 5 minutes until firm and spongy.
- Place the sugar and champagne in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring until sugar has dissolved.
- Add the gelatine mixture and simmer, stirring for 3 minutes or until clear. Remove from the heat and cool slightly.
- Divide the plum wedges between four tall serving glasses. Pour the champagne mixture into glasses, over the plums. Refrigerate until fully set.
• Plums are in season from November to May.
• Plums have stones like human fingerprints, each one being unique to a particular variety.
• Plums are high in carbohydrates, low in fat and low in calories.
• When selecting your plums, look for fruit that is smooth, plump and fairly firm with a rich and vibrant colour.
• Store your plums at room temperature and once ripe, in the fridge for up to five days. Always remember to wash and dry your plums well before eating, and to discard the stone.
Recipe + information source Summerfruit Australia
Look around Flourish
- Health + Wellbeing
- Nourish: Food, Wine + Entertaining
- Inspiration + Motivation
- Parenting, Babies, Children + Family
- Shopping + New Products
- What's On
- Competitions + Giveaways
- Career, Finance, Money + Business
- Flourishing Women
- Home + Garden
- Holidays + Travel
- Fitness + Exercise
- Fiction + Poetry
- Bridal + Weddings
- Flourish Men
- Craft + Puzzles
- Food for Thought
- Paleo Banana Bread
- Beef in Red Wine Stew
- Osso Bucco
- Chicken, Proscuitto + Leek Casserole
- Mushroom + Cashew Stirfry
- Spiced Mushrooms
- Chicken Burgers
- Oxtail Terrine
- Banana Bread
- Apricot Strudel
- Banana Oat Cookies
- Red Grapefruit Chicken Salad
- Thermomix 5 Minute Bliss Balls with Crio Bru or Cacao
- Paleo Chocolate Slice
- Kids' Special Hamburgers
- Roast Pumpkin Loaf
- Roasted Tomato + Lentil Soup
- Coconut Flour Pancakes
- Blueberry Cake
- Thermomix: Luigi's 40 Second Biscuits
- Thermomix: Rich Chocolate Cake
- Eggless Chocolate Cake
- Marmalade or Jam Bread
- Vegie Lasagne
- Teriyaki Pork Stirfry
- Hearty Thai Pumpkin Soup
- Salmon with potatoes & a basil, parmesan crust
- Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Thermomix: Chocolate Mousse Tart
- Poached Chicken with Crushed Potatoes
- French Toast with Smoked Salmon and Lemon, Dill Crème Fraiche
- Zucchini, Bacon and Borlotti Bean Soup
- Smoked Salmon Paté
- Khmer Beef Curry
- Cauliflower Pizza
- Spinach + Seafood Pasties
- Spaghetti with Olives, Lemon and Capers
- Chocolate + Yoghurt Pots
- Carrot + Coriander Dip
- Beauty Review: Milky Foot
- Ditching Debt
- The difference between Papaya and Pawpaw
- The How-to of Reducing your Bust Size (but only if you want to)
- Put some Passion in Your Life with...Passionfruit!
- Shape Shifting - Menopause and Weight Gain
- Book Review: Friendship Bread
- Secrets of Understanding Cryptic Crosswords 1
- Autumn Fashion for the Ex-Lamb (who doesn't like mutton)
- Cooler Weather Skin Care Love