Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking: 1.5 hours
2 tbsp oil
1 chicken, cut into portions
1 large onion, finely chopped
1 green capsicum (pepper), deseeded and cut into strips
1 red capsicum (pepper), deseeded and cut into strips
225g mushrooms, sliced
10 pitted green olives
10 pitted black olives
6 tomatoes, chopped
300ml/ 1 1/4 cups chicken stock
rice, to serve
Heat half the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat until hot.
Fry the chicken pieces for 5 minutes or until lightly browned all over.
Remove the chicken from the pan with a slotted spoon, transfer to an ovenproof dish and set aside.
Add the onion, capsicums, mushrooms, olives and tomatoes to the frying pan.
Turn the heat down to low, and fry, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes until soft.
Remove the vegetables with a slotted spoon and spoon them over the chicken.
Preheat the oven to 180C.
Heat the stock in a saucepan until boiling.
Pour it over the chicken, cover the dish with a lid and bake for 1-11/2 hours, or until the chicken is cooked through.
Remove from the oven and serve hot with rice.
This is an edited extract from The Natural Menopause Plan by Maryon Stewart. Published by Duncan Baird. $27.99. Available at leading independent book stores.
|You may like...|
|Warm Cottage Sausage Salad||Book Review: Degustation||Teriyaki Pork Stirfry||Vegie Lasagne|
Look around Flourish
- Parenting, Babies, Children + Family
- Career, Finance, Money + Business
- Craft + Puzzles
- Flourish Men
- Fiction + Poetry
- Holidays + Travel
- Bridal + Weddings
- Flourishing Women
- Home + Garden
- Fitness + Exercise
- Inspiration + Motivation
- Shopping + New Products
- What's On
- Competitions + Giveaways
- Health + Wellbeing
- Nourish: Food, Wine + Entertaining
- Thermomix: Luigi's 40 Second Biscuits
- Thermomix: Rich Chocolate Cake
- Eggless Chocolate Cake
- Marmalade or Jam Bread
- Vegie Lasagne
- Hearty Thai Pumpkin Soup
- Salmon with potatoes & a basil, parmesan crust
- Teriyaki Pork Stirfry
- Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Thermomix: Chocolate Mousse Tart
- Zucchini, Bacon and Borlotti Bean Soup
- Cauliflower Pizza
- Poached Chicken with Crushed Potatoes
- Spaghetti with Olives, Lemon and Capers
- Mushroom kushiyaki with Pork & chilli-garlic Sauce
- Khmer Beef Curry
- Barbequed Lamb + Bean Salad
- Carrot + Coriander Dip
- Fast Fish Medley
- Silverbeet Flan
- Christmas Cheer?
- Inspiration for Summer
- Flourish Information Desk - Tummy Tuck
- Off the Beaten Track in Paris
- Green Shopping
- Balance: It's the new dream
- Workplace Bullying
- Go Organic
- Fly and Flourish with Pride
- Fashion: What's new in Cottesloe
- Building Rapport in a Sales Environment
- Reflecting on compassion
- Cookbook Review: The Australian Women's Weekly 'Food We Love'
- Knit a Lacy Cushion Cover
- Top tips for choosing the perfect bra
- The Sunshine Vitamin
- Winter Beauty Tips
- The D Word - Detox
- Know Your Nuts
- Movie Review: The Internship
- Ditching Debt
- Put some Passion in Your Life with...Passionfruit!
- The How-to of Reducing your Bust Size (but only if you want to)
- Beauty Review: Milky Foot
- Book Review: Friendship Bread
- A Mother's Choice
- Shape Shifting - Menopause and Weight Gain
- Green Shopping
- Skin Deep
- MAMMA MIA! Behind the Scenes Part 2
- How to get the most out of the (outdoor) movies
- Overcoming Fertility Problems
- 4 Simple Ways to Positive Thinking
- Flourish in Your Life - Flourish YOU
- Beauty Review: Shiseido Perfect Refining Foundation
- Book Review & Interview: Beneath the Shadows, by Sara Foster
- Book Review: Jasper Jones, by Craig Silvey
- The Lost Art of Doing Nothing
- Designs Alfresco
- The Perfect Brow