Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking: 1.5 hours
2 tbsp oil
1 chicken, cut into portions
1 large onion, finely chopped
1 green capsicum (pepper), deseeded and cut into strips
1 red capsicum (pepper), deseeded and cut into strips
225g mushrooms, sliced
10 pitted green olives
10 pitted black olives
6 tomatoes, chopped
300ml/ 1 1/4 cups chicken stock
rice, to serve
Heat half the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat until hot.
Fry the chicken pieces for 5 minutes or until lightly browned all over.
Remove the chicken from the pan with a slotted spoon, transfer to an ovenproof dish and set aside.
Add the onion, capsicums, mushrooms, olives and tomatoes to the frying pan.
Turn the heat down to low, and fry, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes until soft.
Remove the vegetables with a slotted spoon and spoon them over the chicken.
Preheat the oven to 180C.
Heat the stock in a saucepan until boiling.
Pour it over the chicken, cover the dish with a lid and bake for 1-11/2 hours, or until the chicken is cooked through.
Remove from the oven and serve hot with rice.
This is an edited extract from The Natural Menopause Plan by Maryon Stewart. Published by Duncan Baird. $27.99. Available at leading independent book stores.
|You may like...|
|Warm Cottage Sausage Salad||Book Review: Degustation||Teriyaki Pork Stirfry||Vegie Lasagne|
- Paleo Banana Bread
- Beef in Red Wine Stew
- Osso Bucco
- Chicken, Proscuitto + Leek Casserole
- Mushroom + Cashew Stirfry
- Spiced Mushrooms
- Chicken Burgers
- Oxtail Terrine
- Banana Bread
- Apricot Strudel
- Banana Oat Cookies
- Red Grapefruit Chicken Salad
- Thermomix 5 Minute Bliss Balls with Crio Bru or Cacao
- Paleo Chocolate Slice
- Kids' Special Hamburgers
- Roast Pumpkin Loaf
- Roasted Tomato + Lentil Soup
- Coconut Flour Pancakes
- Blueberry Cake
- Thermomix: Luigi's 40 Second Biscuits
- Thermomix: Rich Chocolate Cake
- Eggless Chocolate Cake
- Marmalade or Jam Bread
- Vegie Lasagne
- Teriyaki Pork Stirfry
- Hearty Thai Pumpkin Soup
- Salmon with potatoes & a basil, parmesan crust
- Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Thermomix: Chocolate Mousse Tart
- Poached Chicken with Crushed Potatoes
- Zucchini, Bacon and Borlotti Bean Soup
- French Toast with Smoked Salmon and Lemon, Dill Crème Fraiche
- Cauliflower Pizza
- Spaghetti with Olives, Lemon and Capers
- Mushroom kushiyaki with Pork & chilli-garlic Sauce
- Khmer Beef Curry
- Carrot + Coriander Dip
- Barbequed Lamb + Bean Salad
- Fast Fish Medley
- Ditching Debt
- The How-to of Reducing your Bust Size (but only if you want to)
- Beauty Review: Milky Foot
- Put some Passion in Your Life with...Passionfruit!
- Book Review: Friendship Bread
- Shape Shifting - Menopause and Weight Gain
- A Mother's Choice
- Cryptic Crossword Puzzle 1060
- Flourish in Your Life - Flourish YOU
- Movie Review: Here I Am
- Egg Allergies Explained
- Green Shopping
- Skin Deep
- Autumn Fashion for the Ex-Lamb (who doesn't like mutton)
- MAMMA MIA! Behind the Scenes Part 2
- Book Review: Jasper Jones, by Craig Silvey
- How to get the most out of the (outdoor) movies
- Movie Review: Black Swan
- Overcoming Fertility Problems
- 4 Simple Ways to Positive Thinking