Barbequed Lamb + Bean Salad
Barbequed Lamb + Bean Salad
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20-35 minutes per 500g
1/3 cup fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped
2 tsp sea salt flakes
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1/3 cup olive oil
1.5kg lamb leg
4 red onions, halved with skin on
For the Bean Salad
2 x 240g cans cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
60g baby spinach leaves, shredded
1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
2 tsp finely grated lemon rind
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
Extra 2 tbsp olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the barbecue with the lid closed. Place the rosemary, salt flakes and garlic in a small bowl, add half the oil and stir until well combined.
- Spread the lamb evenly with the rosemary mixture.
- Place the leg of lamb directly on the barbecue grill plate. Turn the burners directly under the lamb off.
- Close the barbecue lid and cook for 60 minutes for rare, 75 minutes for medium or 90 minutes for well done.
- Place the onion and remaining oil in a small roasting pan. Place in the barbecue with the lamb after the lamb has had 30 minutes cooking time.
- Remove lamb from barbecue, loosely cover with foil and rest lamb for 15 minutes before serving.
- While the lamb is resting, place the beans, spinach, basil and lemon rind in a large bowl.
- Drizzle with lemon juice and the extra oil, and gently toss until just combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Slice the lamb against the grain into thick slices. Place on serving plates with salad and onion. Serve immediately.
|You may like...|
|Smoked Salmon Pizza||Zucchini, Bacon and Borlotti Bean Soup||Beef + Oat Burgers||Hokkein Noodle, Mushroom and Cashew Salad|
Look around Flourish
- Health + Wellbeing
- Nourish: Food, Wine + Entertaining
- Inspiration + Motivation
- Parenting, Babies, Children + Family
- Shopping + New Products
- What's On
- Competitions + Giveaways
- Career, Finance, Money + Business
- Flourishing Women
- Home + Garden
- Holidays + Travel
- Fitness + Exercise
- Fiction + Poetry
- Bridal + Weddings
- Flourish Men
- Craft + Puzzles
- Food for Thought
- Thermomix: Luigi's 40 Second Biscuits
- Thermomix: Rich Chocolate Cake
- Eggless Chocolate Cake
- Marmalade or Jam Bread
- Vegie Lasagne
- Teriyaki Pork Stirfry
- Hearty Thai Pumpkin Soup
- Salmon with potatoes & a basil, parmesan crust
- Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Thermomix: Chocolate Mousse Tart
- Poached Chicken with Crushed Potatoes
- French Toast with Smoked Salmon and Lemon, Dill Crème Fraiche
- Zucchini, Bacon and Borlotti Bean Soup
- Smoked Salmon Paté
- Khmer Beef Curry
- Cauliflower Pizza
- Spinach + Seafood Pasties
- Spaghetti with Olives, Lemon and Capers
- Chocolate + Yoghurt Pots
- Carrot + Coriander Dip
- Beauty Review: Milky Foot
- Ditching Debt
- The difference between Papaya and Pawpaw
- The How-to of Reducing your Bust Size (but only if you want to)
- Put some Passion in Your Life with...Passionfruit!
- Shape Shifting - Menopause and Weight Gain
- Book Review: Friendship Bread
- Secrets of Understanding Cryptic Crosswords 1
- Autumn Fashion for the Ex-Lamb (who doesn't like mutton)
- Cooler Weather Skin Care Love